Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I know...that was a LONG time ago....I've been a little bit slow this summer

So for Memorial Day Weekend, we took a dirt road drive down the Sandia Mountain
Micah couldn't find his sunglasses; I was pretty impressed with his improvisation

Then we went to a Regional BMX tournament. I thought it was funny that this is such a family sport. Kids as little as 5 or so were racing. Entire families were here to compete. Never would have thought to put a child in this sport!
I saw this tent on our way out....apparently everyone's a winner in this sport!
It was fun to watch for a little bit-I'd never seen one before live
and of course, we had a BBQ in the park on base
"The Kite Whisperer"
(yup, he's got 2 up there at once!)

5 comments:

Swoopref said...

I was just getting ready to demand a new post from you...

See if there is a trophy over there for me.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the resurrection of the blog as well.
Loved the glasses.
Say, Sil, Have I got a pair for you!
love,
mil

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to show you what I got Micah for Christmas!! I had some little helpers find them for me.
Ohhhhh - and Betsy, you're really gonna love what we came upon for YOU@@
(hee, hee) Christmas in August, gotta play some music!!

Anonymous said...

Third post, sorry.
Looks like Keith Lockhart (the Boston Pops heartthrob) in that last pose! New name for Micah, B-Pop! (like the b-bop of the 60's?)

Jim and Lisa said...

Jim can't leave his house without his sunglasses either. In fact, he forgot them this morning and remembered after he locked to door, came in again to getthem.