Thursday, July 9, 2009

Guess who visited us!!

Probably none of you will really appreciate this picture....you'll either think "Duke visited with his friend" or "Autumn stopped by with a guy" however, the beauty of this picture is that it represents 2 of my worlds coming together! I grew up with Taylor and Autumn is a dear friend of mine from BYU. Thanks to facebook, I saw a picture of them together and was shocked to see friends from 2 different 'worlds' of my life together. Someone had set them up on a date in NY...anyways, totally fun for me. I love it! They were driving up to Salt Lake last night from Dallas and stopped in to see us. We had a great time chatting with them both!

This is another fun weekend we had that I think I forgot to post. Albuquerque seems to be a great stopping point for travelers between SLC & TX so we got some other visitors this past winter. Our friends Erica & Brandon were visiting from Arizona to go on a little ski trip and Micah's cousin Allison was driving through to TX. Another fun match-Micah's cousin married my freshman roommate's little brother (Knab's). We were so excited when we figured that out. Now Knab and I have fulfilled our lifelong dream of being related! We had to take this pic so you could see 3 beds and 3 couples staying the night in our 1 bedroom apartment (Allison & James in the dining area, Micah & Katy's room in the back & Erica in the living room on a mattress with Brandon laying down in hiding).
Brandon & Erica got us to go skiing with them-something I've been totally scared of! Micah and Brandon worked all morning to keep me on my feet, so here I am on my way down the bunny hill. We had a blast!

8 comments:

balmforth.family said...

I appreciate the picture! I had no idea that you knew Autumn. What a small world. I haven't met her but I've heard a lot of great things about her. They seem like a great match. That's cool that they came to visit!

Heather said...

That is so crazy about Duke and Autumn. Are they dating? Looks like you do get to see people in NM.

Anonymous said...

YeA! A NEW POST!!
yOU ALWAYS HAVE FUN FRIENDS

Swoopref said...

Taylor is one great guy. (I never met a Duke I didn`t like.)

Anonymous said...

AND we saw them today!! Like that Autumn

The Tanner Thompsons said...

every time i see that first picture before scrolling down, it looks like taylor and amber are in baptism jumpsuits... its a little odd

The Tanner Thompsons said...

i mean autumn...

ellen said...

It's a small small small Arlington Ward world!