Thursday, August 12, 2010

July Visitors....and my 'garden'!

One of Micah's buddies from home lives in AZ so we get together with them every so often. Well they came to visit us for a weekend this month and we had so much fun! Their kids are always so much fun and want to help with everything. I'm bummed I didn't get a picture of little Brilyn helping Micah in the kitchen make ice cream....or teaching him to dance.
Her parents were asleep but she wouldn't go down for a Sunday afternoon nap, so Micah and I were playing with her. I told her to get her shoes on and we'd go for a walk. She ran and got her 'blue shoes', as she so lovingly calls them, and came and sat next to me as we waited for Micah to finish up something before going for a walk. After a minute, I looked down, and Oila! I couldn't move for fear of waking her up!
This is our beloved yard...pretty much a sandbox. We will have to sink a lot of moolah into it I'm thinking to actually have soil.....
So for now, this is my garden! I've been so excited to have fresh tomatoes! Even if there are only enough for one salad after my whole harvest. Peppers and cukes I can eat from the store, but I have NEVER eaten a tomato from the store that comes close to homegrown....that's what I miss most.

4 comments:

Jim and Lisa said...

You sound like Mom and Dad with the tomatoes! I do have to agree, though!

Anonymous said...

mmm mmmm

Nikki said...

homegrown is the only way to go. I'll bring you some if I have any left when I take my little ROAD TRIP this fall!

ROAST said...

We planted our tomatoes too late I think so nothing has grown. However we do have a nice squash coming along and we did have spinach (like one harvest) earlier this summer. We also have some green beans coming in so hopefully we'll get to harvest more than just a little bit of spinach. No tomatoes though. :-(