Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I can't wait for summer vacation...

cause I'm getting beat up by a 6 year old....
Take a closer look-He clawed my eye out! And a few weeks before that, he BIT my eye-missing my eyeball by millimeters. I think he was determined to make me blind, just like him. And for a blind kid, he has some AMAZING aim. He has also clawed my hands and I'd come home with new scratches all over my hands regularly. I meant to get a picture of that, but hadn't and now they're just scarred. Poor boy is blind and autistic among other things, so he randomly scratches and bites and all that fun stuff. I finally said I was done working with him. As much as I love the little kid, I'm a little worried about getting some type of infection and that is the last thing I need right now. Anyways, I really have enjoyed work this year. For those of you who don't know, I had this great, fun job and NMSBVI-a state preschool for visually impaired children. Most of them are diagnosed with a syndrome which includes a vision problem, so they're at our school. They have multiple problems mostly. I have absolutely loved the kids, love the working schedule of a school (Christmas break, spring break, summer break....lots o' breaks!), loved that I could walk to work (up until we moved), love that I only have to drive about 3 minutes now to work.... It's been a great experience!
Be grateful if your children are born healthy and well-what a miracle! I think it's easy to take for granted how much can go wrong. But if they aren't, you might be in for a ride, but I can promise you they will absolutely steal your hearts still!! I will miss these little guys when my time here is done....

6 comments:

Nikki said...

that's way worse than Y camp! Oh, my katy dear. How I miss you!!! can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!

The Tanner Thompsons said...

i bet you deserved it, poor kid, i can only imagine the horrible things you were putting him through

Swoopref said...

You just the special type of person to be an angel to these kids.

You are good!

Swoopref said...

You`re


(2nd chance spell check)
(Betsy, you are funny.)

Jim and Lisa said...

Ouch!