Saturday, September 26, 2009

Homework

Look at this!!! I typed my first Braille this week! How cool is this!?!? It takes me back to middle school typing classes with Ms. Dukakis. Absolutely random words placed in what they call a sentence, so you can practice only the letters you know.
(the last line is my name)


So for those of you who don't know, I have joined the 9-5 group of Americans...except I only work 8-3. I'm working at "NMSBVI" (New Mexico School for the Blind & Visually Impaired), in the ECP (Early Childhood Program- ie. Preschool) so they make us take a Braille class (which means I am now learning a second useless language....ok ok ok...Braille will probably be more usable than Latvian once I'm done at the school), and means along with working I now am back to being a student! (only this is not nearly as stressful). I think ep needs one of these braillers to make her typewriter collection more complete!

13 comments:

Swoopref said...

Valoda vienmēr ir vērts mācīties! Jums jāzina, tas ir tikpat gudrs kā jūs!

The Tanner Thompsons said...

um are you qualified to be working with blind children?! do you have to change diapers and give showers? i thought that was all you were able to do!

Jim and Lisa said...

Very cool! You never know when you will need it for later on...you just never know! I HARDLY EVER use my Spanish and that's the second most common language in the US, behind English. But, you never know, at some point I will be able to use it. I'm sure of it. There has to be some reason I studied it. Right? Maybe I'll use it more when we move. Anyways, I think it's really cool that you are learning braille! One more talent in the making...maybe it's just the process you're learning! So neat!!

ROAST said...

That's cool!

Anonymous said...

woohoo!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, katy

Anonymous said...

parlez-vous, francais? in braille?

ellen said...

Thanks for the shout out!! And, Happy Birthday to you!

balmforth.family said...

That is way cool. I'm sure you will use that gift more throughout your life. You're awesome!

Lisa Michelle said...

That is TOTALLY cool - very fascinating. What a neat thing to be able to say you do!!

CMHill said...

NEat

alillrose said...

You never cease to amaze me at the things you can do. Now I just get to add one more to the list.

Can you also feel the words/letters with your fingers?

Swoopref said...

ok time for a new post