Sunday, October 12, 2008

Good news from Abq!

So for the first time in a VERY long time, we've seen gas drop down below $3 this week! Amazing, huh? Except that doesn't really matter to us, since we buy diesel, but that has dropped about $1.25 or so in about 2 months and I saw it yesterday for $3.37. Amazing!
Also, I have a temporary job. I know, don't faint. I guess summer is over :( Also, the international, Abq claim to fame (I know you're all wondering what this place is famous for!) Balloon Fiesta ended today. My point in these 2 things is that on my way to work every morning this past week, I see this great view of about 100 hot air balloons that have just launched. It's pretty cool! Also, they'd be 'crashed/landed' already in the shopping center parking lots along the road, too. They're pretty close and are everywhere!
This is kind of the view I had of the valley, only from a lot further away and the balloons were higher by the time I could see them. But it's amazing to see the sky full!

I had to throw this one in for the Andersons. They have one day called 'special shapes' with all cool balloons and apparently this one's always a hit!

We didn't get a chance to actually go the fiesta this year; you have to get up to the Northern part of the city by about 6 am. Since we didn't make it on the weekend, it didn't happen. But we'll have a few more chances in the next few years, I'm sure!

7 comments:

laree ulynn said...

I have a cousin who flies or used to fly hot air balloons.

laree ulynn said...

oops, that was me, mom

Nikki said...

Believe it or not, I did, in fact, know that albquewierioe(or whatever it's spelled) is famous for the balloons...it helps to have had a roommate from their. By the way, you haven't run into the Ames family, have you?

I heard on the radio that one of the balloons exploded or something tragic like that.

Swoopref said...

so cool!

Marty and Jenny said...

Beautiful pics.

balmforth.family said...

We get a Christmas card every year from a family who lives in Abq. Their family Christmas picture is always at this festival. It looks so cool. Looks like you guys are doing all sorts of fun stuff!

ROAST said...

Hot air balloons are awesome! I only wish I had proposed in the darth vadar one.