Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Treasure Hunting!!

Like most of you out there, I love a bargain. When Micah first moved down here, he happened to look at a new & used furniture store as he was attempting to furnish his bachelor apartment. He totally scored and found this 6 month old Italian brand leather couch in perfect condition, for $250! We think it will be perfect in a library someday, which is a luxury we would both love to have in our house someday.

In lieu of the library, we've dropped into used book stores and Salvation Army stores to look for old books and have found some cool ones! We got a red leather bound with gold print Lord of the Rings (all 4 books in 1) for $12.50, plus some other older looking books and books we've read before (including good condition hard cover Harry Potter #6 for 49 cents! we have 6 & 7 and now we're on the hunt for the rest) And while we're in the store anyways, we've found some great bargains for the rest of the house! Here's the spoils from our little treasure hunts:

Cool vintage looking lamp that works: $4.99 (plus we live in an apartment that doesn't have any light fixtures in the living room nor bedroom, so we LOVE lamps!


Micah got a practically brandnew Callaway Golf Bag (that means nothing to me, nor most of you out there, but if you watch golf on TV, you'll see the pros' caddies carrying those)

A BRANDNEW Prince tennis triple racket holder, tags still on, could only find it online for $40, but we got it for: $2.99! (a new favorite hobby, by the way. You should try playing!!)

These fun little bar stools for the 'breakfast bar' (kind of) for $4 each!


We haven't spent much effort on buying real decorations, we figured we'd wait til we actually have a house. But in the meantime, we've found these shelves/trinkets for $1-$3 each. It helps it feel a little bit more homey/organize clutter while we're in an apartment!



Luckily, we found this big mirror for $20. It's a few feet by a few feet, which is great, because otherwise we'd have a lot of white wall space!!

9 comments:

Jim and Lisa said...

You want a library, too? I really want to have a library in our house. Jim would be very jealous of that leather couch. He loves them! I must say, it is a beautiful couch. I need to start shopping at secondhand stores! No more paying full price for things for me!!

balmforth.family said...

Wow! I think I need to come and go shopping with you. I'm jealous! THat's some cute stuff!

jksfam said...

Great deals! Maybe I'll start shopping at those stores more again. It's really hard to take kids there! But now I have a couple hours when they're in school...

Lisa Michelle said...

Nice finds!! LOVE the couch and the lamp. And ps - totally cute white and pink purse on the counter!!

Arnold Family said...

Hi! My name is Alison Arnold (it used to be Alison Jensen). I know Micah from Michigan and I haven't talked to him in forever. Would you tell him I said hi? I would love to hear from him and find out how his family is doing. Congratulations on your wedding!

Swoopref said...

A golf bag! SWEET!

It looks like you guys are doing super!

CMHill said...

Awesome finds. That couch is almost exactly like ours! Its leather and red too. Ours was free though :) neener neener. You are definately the queen of awesome bargains! Looks cute. Oh maybe you're the one that's gone wireless?

Anonymous said...

Looks great!
I have a great library - actually lots of them and I get to pick out of millions of books every time I go!!!
:)
KNew you could find the bargains.Great job, KT
notice you're doing the Jana Arbon thing - saving all the roses.

Cris said...

I love how you point out that not only was the lamp $4.99, but that it actually works, too!