Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Our newest love....

Micah has golfed since his mission...however, I HAD never been. He's tried to get me to go a few times and we've gone to the driving range and hit some balls after dinner now and then. My excuse was always that I was nervous to go because I'd be so terrible and then we'd have these old cranky men behind us waiting and then I'd just feel pressure and be worse and really just not enjoy it. However, I gave in this past month. We went to the course on Base where we've gone to the driving range.
As you can see, it's getting progressively darker. That was how Micah got me to go-pretty much guarantee we're the last ones on the course for the night! It worked! No one was behind us, and we were slow enough-especially with Micah stopping to teach me that we pretty much had the course to ourselves.
And you'll never believe it, but I actually enjoyed it! It wasn't as bad as I'd imagined...I mean, I was WAY over par every time, but the ball mostly stayed straight and on the fairway! I'd imagined my ball going all over the course and into the wilderness and spending the whole night in cactus and sand, but it wasn't that bad!
As (almost) always, a gorgeous sunset. The course is set far enough away from everything that you just see the mountains and sky for the most part!