Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Now comes Thanksgiving....

We drove up Wednesday and back on Sunday and spent most of it in Logan. The day itself consisted of 6 original LaPierre siblings, 3 new babies, 7 more nieces & nephews & lots of great in-laws! Tiffany came up, with intentions of getting homework done, so I apologize for that! It was a fun full house!




We didn't actually take any pics up there, so these are stolen from Besty's blog. If you want to see TONS more, click here.

We left Saturday afternoon and spent some time in Provo with Jason & Tiff, then drove home Sunday, stopping in Arches National Park for a quick look at some of the scenery and to stretch our legs. We've driven through Moab probably 2-3 times in the past few months, but every time it' been dark, so we were glad that we were finally going through in daylight!

Apparently we're 'trail illiterate'; it wasn't very well marked & unlike everyone else, we came out in front of the arch, which was pretty steep. We came abruptly to the edge of a very high cliff, which was cool. Unfortunately, some guy was kind of following us the whole way, so he had the hard path, too. When we crossed in front of the Arch, it was really steep & I had a little stagefright we'll say. Luckily, the guy following us took one hand and Micah took the other & I made it across. What a wimp, I know.... When we took the right way back, what a piece of cake! Hardly could call it a hike...

a perfect match-I guess you could also call this a double arch, but I like that title better for a later picture...you'll see
Yup, now this is the one we like to call "The Double Arch"....apparently he didn't see us??!! and kept backing up and crouching down until you could almost see a perfectly lined up 'double rainbow'. I mean, I probably could have changed my angle and lined it up perfectly, but I thought I better just take the picture before nature changed its course & I left empty handed.


we couldn't believe the amazing color & how it kept getting even more & more vibrant

on the road again....

1 comment:

CMHill said...

I love your Christmas decorations and it was great to see you guys for a bit at Thanksgiving, amongst all the chaos. See you soon!