Tuesday, August 5, 2008

May 10: The BIG day!!!

There's not much to say, other than it was amazing!!!! What a lucky girl I am (and if Micah were ever writing on this thing, he'd say he's the luckiest man on the face of the earth...but since he's not here writing, I'll say it for him :O) I know everyone just wants to see pics, so I'll just post and post and post til the cows come home.... but before that, we want to say a big THANKS to everyone that traveled and rearranged their schedules to be there for our sealing or to help out in other ways. We realize how expensive or busy it can be, but it made our day extra special.




Walking out.... Jax was SO excited!!! (they're not camera shy!)

Our sealer, Bishop Chandler. The first bishop of our ward and also a primary teacher to nicole and I back in the day....





We put Aunt Beejay in charge of all the flowers and she did a GREAT job!!


(my roses are green, pretty cool, huh?)


Sammy and Daddy Lillrose


We had to practice this one ;o)



in-laws and out-laws and everything in between





ellen's signature shot




The shoes were a hit....photographers kept making me put my feet in the air and show them



Micah's favorite....I look a little chilled because it was, especially up on a hill in short sleeves with the wind blowing. (he says I just look excited)









one of my favorites....at least the birch trees look really cool!


the lillrose siblings, minus Cassandra, who's serving a mission in Toronto!





look at that cutie-pants!
I love this one of the sisters taking pictures!

Mom and Dad Lapi celebrating their half way point: 5 down, 5 to go!



We attempted GQ poses...but it didn't work.
AllyeB was a good friend and YW pres/basketball coach to most of us in the pic!








We each had a companion that surprised us and showed up!


Kenzie LOOOVES everything about weddings and was SO excited to have a little bouquet of her own, and even try on dresses with me and tell me which ones were 'not the right one' and which ones were. Her pick was this sweet 80's Cinderella style dress...couldn't have paid me to wear it! She was fun at the dress shops!!!

THE RECEPTION
The chapel has a beautiful lawn, with a stone wall and blossoming bushes that looks up to the temple and we were going to do a garden theme with lanterns and potted flowers and cast iron planters and it was going to be amazing....but of course, the weather didn't exactly cooperate, but family decorated inside and it looked great and was just as fun.
This was my absolute favorite! You can't really tell, but the glass is green, so the centerpieces had all of our wedding colors in it! I put Ren in charge of finding fish and this is what she came up with....
Mom made these for EVERYONE at the luncheon, plus ALL the cookies and candies and goodies for the reception. She is amazing!!!
Michelle Romano dipped dozens of strawberries for us...also in the wedding colors...thanks!!!!
Laree did the cake, with help from Sarah Bennett. Micah picked out the rhinestones...and the flowery backdrop was another of my favorites!
last, but NOT BY ANY MEANS LEAST, my sister Carrie made pink dresses and green ties and vests for ALL the nieces and nephews...even her own kids that couldn't be there! (her little boys were good sports and let her measure the girls' dresses on them)



7 comments:

jksfam said...

I wish we could have been there. Looks like a wonderful time! Congratulations, again!

Love the shoes! Love ep! Cris is on the wrong side for a celebration picture - but he is in the right order...

Jim and Lisa said...

Very nice. It was a fun day. So, as a side note...I hate the outfit I decided to wear. I have only worn that shirt once since I got back and someone asked me if I was pregnant (as they did in the temple that day), so I think I'll just wait to wear that shirt when I am actually pregnant. And it's not even a maternity shirt! What's wrong with people?

Anonymous said...

You need to get Carrie's pictures of them celebrating, too.
PS - what's this with the security codes.

Lisa Michelle said...

Great pics - such a cute couple! Love the one of the grandkids, too - haven't seen those before!

Marty and Jenny said...

What great pictures. You look stunning Masa, absolutely beautiful, and I would add that Micah is the luckiest man in the world. If you're even half as good of a wife as you were as a missionary companion, than he is a very lucky man in deed! I'm really happy for you Masa. You and Micah will have to take a road trip and come visit us on Vashon!

Renee said...

no, i don't think you could have picked a worse group photo. thanks for asking.

The Tanner Thompsons said...

ya renee... i just realized that too.... HORRIBLE... i can't even say anyone looks good in that... besides micah's family, they all understood what was going on